NY | NEW YORK | MARCH 15, 2017
A Public Relations Agency has a need for an Account Director to join their team on a full-time basis in New York, NY. The primary responsibilities of this role include leading the division, managing and supervising all aspects of a PR program and the client relationship, as well as growing the agency with new business. The successful candidate will demonstrate an expertise in PR, have agency experience and the ability to think one step ahead of clients to exceed needs.
- Manage the execution of public relations programs as well as assume direct responsibility for quality of work
- Provide senior strategic counsel to clients and account team
- Develop key relationships with media, influencers, and pitch clients in a proactive and ongoing manner
- Anticipate clients’ strategic needs, both long and short term
- Plan and run strategic client meetings
- Consistently offer value and add counsel
- Function as a main contact for client accounts OR communicate with clients at the senior level to build and maintain relationships
- Retain and develop current accounts to increase revenue
- Supervise account staff in their daily activities, provide structure and instruction for balancing their workloads
- Motivate, mentor, and guide professional development of staff
- Assume fiscal responsibility for division, accounts, and team
- Actively participate and guide the operations and future course of division and agency
- Working knowledge of social networks and ability to assist clients with developing strategies and monitoring share of voice
- Prior agency experience is a must
- BA/BS Degree in Public Relations, Communications, or related field
- 8-10 years minimum experience in public relations; at least 3-5 years as an Account Manager
- Ability to spot trends and integrate into PR efforts to keep accounts current in the media
- Detail oriented and results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How do I apply?
To apply, please email your resume for immediate consideration. Please reference “Account Director” in the subject line. If you are not specific in our subject line our database will view it as spam.