Mid-Level Visual /UX Design Hybrid
NY | NEW YORK | APRIL 19, 2017
An interactive business applications company has a need for a Mid-Level Visual /UX Design Hybrid to join their team on a temporary basis, on-site for 4-5 months. The primary responsibility of this role is to design a large-scale, complex, internal inventory management web application for a client, under the supervision of a Senior Designer. This application is not public-facing, it’s a data heavy transactional web application that requires someone who has a design background. The ideal candidate will have a skills in both visual and UX design, and a portfolio that demonstrates prior wireframe and design with complex, data-driven interfaces.
- Screen-level wireframes and high-fidelity visual and UI design
- Understanding and contributing to the vision of how the entire design system fits together, as described by sitemaps and workflows
- Act as a visual designer as well, ensuring the designs are practical and functional
- Owning your work, speaking to your processes, and passionately defending your decision making when necessary
- Working closely with a talented group of developers, and engineers to execute deliverables of the highest standard
- Work under the direction of our senior leads to generate crisp, innovative, and elegant design solutions for this innovative, complex digital product.
- This project is complex and large scale, must focus on functionality over beauty
- Being able to work autonomously when required—understanding a client’s vision, and taking complex design challenges in your stride
- Prior wireframe and design examples of past complex, data-driven interfaces
- Experience as a Visual Designer, with knowledge of UX skills
- Expertise in Sketch, and advanced user of other digital design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Your portfolio gives an introduction to some of your best work so we can see what drives your design thinking
- You have some experience in the trenches, working with clients, participating in meetings, responding to feedback, and pushing your vision forward
- You have an understanding of digital technologies like HTML and CSS, and how they relate to your work as a designer
How do I apply?
To apply, please email your resume for immediate consideration. Please reference “Mid-Level Visual /UX Design Hybrid” in the subject line. If you are not specific in our subject line our database will view it as spam.